EMUI 4.0 (based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow) is available for your device. This update upgrades the system to RIO-L01C185B321. Key features in EMUI 4.0 are listed as follows.
● Multiple new label styles are added. You can add a memo or latitude information to a photo.
● You can add photos directly after you create an album. In addition, you can print multiple photos at the same time by merging these photos into a single PDF document.
● The compass can help you find your bearings wherever you are.
● When placed flat, your phone displays the compass, which shows the position and direction. When placed vertically, your phone shows the real scene, and you can look at the scenery or road conditions.
● Now there are more alarm ring duration options for you to choose from.
● This feature can record your actions on the screen. With this feature, you can create small video tutorials, making it easy to provide remote guidance for your friends.
● Contacts saved with the same company name are grouped.
● If you mistakenly send a message or change your mind after sending it, you can now cancel it as long as its within 4 seconds of being sent.
● The Soft lock button is added to the Floating dock for quick screen locking. To enable this feature, go to Settings > Smart assistance > Floating Dock.
● Some apps, such as the native browser and magnifier, have been deleted.
● AM and PM have been removed from the lock screen.
● The battery setting shortcut has been removed from the widget.
● Relevant permissions must be enabled to share files in external storage through Gmail.
● You can update your phone by downloading the update package to your phone.
● Download over a Wi-Fi network is recommended. Data charges may apply if you use a mobile network.
● Make sure your phone battery has enough power (> 50%).
● You can still use your phone during the download. When the update starts, however, your phone will be temporarily unavailable for ROM flashing. This update may take a few minutes.
● You can roll back the system to an earlier version. For details, see the rollback guide that comes with the update package. Before rollback, back up your data, because the rollback will erase all your personal data.
These are the instructions to flash Stock firmware on Huawei G8 (RIOL01) using the Card update method.
Requirements: Your Huawei Smartphone or tablet should have atleast 20-30 percent of battery to perform the flashing process and a Micro SD Card (must).
Flash Stock firmware on Huawei Smartphone (Card Update)
Step 1: Create a new folder on your Micro SD Card and rename it to dload.
Step 2: Download and extract Huawei Smartphone firmware (for your device) on your Computer. After extracting you will be able to see these files:
Step 3: Now Copy UPDATE.APP and paste it the dload folder on your Micro SD card.
Step 4: Now Power Off your Huawei Smartphone.
Step 5: Now, Press Volume UP, Volume Down and Power Button at the same time for 5-8 seconds until the update process is started automatically.
Step 6: Update Process may takes 5-10 minutes to complete.
Step 7: Once Update Process is completed your device will reboot automatically and ready to use.
Notic: Please keep in mind that, you must flash Huawei G8 (RIOL01) firmware at your own risk and also full responsible with you.