The new EMUI 4.0 update (based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow) is now available for your device and upgrades the system to KII-L22C636B310CUSTC636D002. This version optimizes various features, please update your device for a better experience. Key features in EMUI 4.0 are listed as follows.
● Multiple new label styles have been added
● You can now add memos or latitude information to your photos
● You can add photos immediately after you create an album
● You can print multiple photos at the same time by merging these photos into a single PDF document
● The compass can help you get your bearings wherever you are
● When laid down, your phone displays the compass, which shows your position and direction. When held vertically, your phone shows your actual surroundings, and you can look at the scenery or road conditions.
● This feature enables you to record your actions on the screen. You can also create small video tutorials, making it easy to provide remote guidance for your friends.
● Contacts saved with the same company name are automatically grouped.
● You can now cancel a message within 4 seconds of sending it.
● The Soft lock button has been added to the Floating dock for quick screen locking. To enable this feature, go to Settings > Smart assistance > Floating dock.
● Deleted some apps such as the Native browser and Magnifier.
● Removed the icons for AM and PM from the lock screen.
● Removed the battery setting shortcut from the widget.
● Improved security by requiring relevant permissions to share files in external storage through Gmail.
● You can install this update by downloading the update package to your phone.
● Downloading this update over a Wi-Fi network is recommended. Data charges may apply if you use a mobile network.
● Before updating, make sure your phone battery has enough power (> 50%).
● You can still use your phone during the download. When the update starts, however, your phone will be temporarily unavailable for ROM flashing. The update may take a few minutes.
● It is possible to roll back your system to an earlier version. For details, see the rollback guide that comes with the update package. Before performing a rollback, back up your data, because the rollback will erase all your personal data.
These are the instructions to flash Stock firmware on Huawei GR5 (KIIL22) using the Card update method.
Requirements: Your Huawei Smartphone or tablet should have atleast 20-30 percent of battery to perform the flashing process and a Micro SD Card (must).
Flash Stock firmware on Huawei Smartphone (Card Update)
Step 1: Create a new folder on your Micro SD Card and rename it to dload.
Step 2: Download and extract Huawei Smartphone firmware (for your device) on your Computer. After extracting you will be able to see these files:
Step 3: Now Copy UPDATE.APP and paste it the dload folder on your Micro SD card.
Step 4: Now Power Off your Huawei Smartphone.
Step 5: Now, Press Volume UP, Volume Down and Power Button at the same time for 5-8 seconds until the update process is started automatically.
Step 6: Update Process may takes 5-10 minutes to complete.
Step 7: Once Update Process is completed your device will reboot automatically and ready to use.
Notic: Please keep in mind that, you must flash Huawei GR5 (KIIL22) firmware at your own risk and also full responsible with you.