ANDROID-6.0.1[Marshmallow] upgrade with EMUI-4.0 is available for your device. This will upgrade your system from KIW-L22C675B150CUSTC675D003 to KIW-L22C675B340.
Key features of ANDROID-6.0.1 and EMUI-4.0 are listed below .
● Regardless of the city or the dense forest, just open the compass, and the direction will be clear in mind.
● If the phone is flat, it will display the compass, which would show the position and direction. If the phone is vertical, it will show the real scene, and you can look at the scenery or road conditions.
● How long was the duration of ring suitable for you, 5 minutes or 10 minutes? Do not worry, the new software’s alarm would set to rescue you! We will add the ring duration, which contains six kinds, so there is always a wake suitable for you.
● Screen recording is that you can record on your phone screen after opening. With this feature, you can create a small video tutorials, easy to guide the distant relatives or friends.
● Contacts saved with same company name will be grouped.
● Do you have this moment, which you found the wrong message sent within 0.01 seconds after click it? Encountered this issue, how do you feel? The new version adds a feature to cancel message sent, as long as you cancel sending the SMS within 4 seconds .
● Emergency call option is added along with emergency message.
● Once SOS emergency alarm is triggered call and message will be sent to the emergency contact added in SOS emergency contact list.
● Indian local languages are integrated in Huawei Swype keyboard.
● Desired language can be downloaded by long pressing on space bar in keyboard and then select More languages -> Download languages.
● Some applications like Native browser and UC Browser are removed.
● Voice search is removed as it is already integrated with Google Search.
● Updater app is removed from tools folder, as the feature is provided in the Settings.
● Screen Lock app is removed in tools, as soft lock feature is provided in navigation bar.
● AM/PM will not be shown in the lock screen in M version.
● Battery setting shortcut is removed from the settings shortcut as battery consumption can be known by enabling battery status option in Notification panel and status bar.
● Downloading over WiFi is recommended. and make sure that the remaining power is greater than 50%.
● It’s recommended to backup all of your personal data, including phone book, text messages, emails etc. in advance.
● Before upgrading, please ensure there is sufficient storage space for the update package on either the microSD card or the internal storage prior to proceeding with the update. Free storage space can be checked under system settings -> storage.
● During downloading upgrade package, the operation of the device will not be impacted. Please note, upgrade procedure need have some minutes to let device reboot and flashing. During flashing, the device is not available to be used.
● This version can roll back to old version. Please refer Rollback guidelines available with the release. and the roll-back will clear user data so backup is recommended.
These are the instructions to flash Stock firmware on Huawei Honor 5X (KIWL22) using the Card update method.
Requirements: Your Huawei Smartphone or tablet should have atleast 20-30 percent of battery to perform the flashing process and a Micro SD Card (must).
Flash Stock firmware on Huawei Smartphone (Card Update)
Step 1: Create a new folder on your Micro SD Card and rename it to dload.
Step 2: Download and extract Huawei Smartphone firmware (for your device) on your Computer. After extracting you will be able to see these files:
Step 3: Now Copy UPDATE.APP and paste it the dload folder on your Micro SD card.
Step 4: Now Power Off your Huawei Smartphone.
Step 5: Now, Press Volume UP, Volume Down and Power Button at the same time for 5-8 seconds until the update process is started automatically.
Step 6: Update Process may takes 5-10 minutes to complete.
Step 7: Once Update Process is completed your device will reboot automatically and ready to use.
Notic: Please keep in mind that, you must flash Huawei Honor 5X (KIWL22) firmware at your own risk and also full responsible with you.