ANDROID-6.0[Marshmallow] upgrade with EMUI-4.0 is available for your device. This will upgrade your system from PLK-UL00C675B170CUSTC675D003 to PLK-UL00C675B360.
Key features of ANDROID-6.0 and EMUI-4.0 are listed below .
● Safety tone gets muted once you tap on it, in the Notification panel
● Social Channels application gives the user easier way to view all the feeds of YouTube, Twitter and Facebook(excluding simple status updates) from different channels and also let user to share or like them instantly in their account directly from the application.
● It now has additional two calendars
● Hindu calendar and Islam Calendar
● Hindu Calendar gives us panchang details which includes day and night choghadiya, muhurat details, Sunrise, sunset, Moonrise and Moonset timings
● It also provides us with the info as to which choghadiya or muhurat is auspicious or inauspicious
● Islam Calendar comes with the prayer timings,It can be adjusted based on shafi or hanafi method.
● Messaging has been further enhanced to give an additional Feature called Smart sms.
● It Archives all the Info/Service Messages the User Receives into a single folder namely Info messages
● It can be enabled or disabled by going into the settings of Messaging and selecting the option Archive info messages
● Also auto delete of old promotional messages feature also has been provided.
● India FM supports preloaded city list and channels for enhanced user experience. Preloaded information contains channel name, channel logo, Program guide etc.
● Added shortcut feature for the channels which enables user to navigate to favourite channels from the home screen.
● Introduced Saved locations feature which makes it easy to switch between the cities user has already configured.
● Some applications like Native browser and UC Browser are removed.
● Voice search is removed as it is already integrated with Google Search.
● Updater app is removed from tools folder, as the feature is provided in the Settings.
● Screen Lock app is removed in tools, as soft lock feature is provided in navigation bar and Screen lock can be accessible from Google search also.
● HonorROM icon is changed to Honor Club.
● AM/PM will not be shown in the lock screen in M version.
● Battery setting shortcut widget is removed in M version.
● Multi user option in settings is removed.
●Display data usage option is removed from Traffic reminder settings.
●News and updates option is removed from settings.
● Due to security issue app sharing options are removed from home screen .
● Downloading over WiFi is recommended. and make sure that the remaining power is greater than 50%.
● It’s recommended to backup all of your personal data, including phone book, text messages, emails etc. in advance.
● Before upgrading, please ensure there is sufficient storage space for the update package on either the microSD card or the internal storage prior to proceeding with the update. Free storage space can be checked under system settings -> storage.
● During downloading upgrade package, the operation of the device will not be impacted. Please note, upgrade procedure need have some minutes to let device reboot and flashing. During flashing, the device is not available to be used.
● This version can roll back to old version. Please refer Rollback guidelines available with the release. and the roll-back will clear user data so backup is recommended.
These are the instructions to flash Stock firmware on Huawei Honor 7 (PLKUL00) using the Card update method.
Requirements: Your Huawei Smartphone or tablet should have atleast 20-30 percent of battery to perform the flashing process and a Micro SD Card (must).
Flash Stock firmware on Huawei Smartphone (Card Update)
Step 1: Create a new folder on your Micro SD Card and rename it to dload.
Step 2: Download and extract Huawei Smartphone firmware (for your device) on your Computer. After extracting you will be able to see these files:
Step 3: Now Copy UPDATE.APP and paste it the dload folder on your Micro SD card.
Step 4: Now Power Off your Huawei Smartphone.
Step 5: Now, Press Volume UP, Volume Down and Power Button at the same time for 5-8 seconds until the update process is started automatically.
Step 6: Update Process may takes 5-10 minutes to complete.
Step 7: Once Update Process is completed your device will reboot automatically and ready to use.
Notic: Please keep in mind that, you must flash Huawei Honor 7 (PLKUL00) firmware at your own risk and also full responsible with you.