This update to EMUI is based on the Android 8.0 operating system. Featuring enhanced performance and security, EMUI 8.0 delivers a fresh experience that lets you get more out of your device. We highly recommend updating now.
AI-based optimizations deliver greater stability, fluidity, and speed. The system boots faster, videos are more fluid, and images thumbnails load rapidly even in huge volumes.
Enjoy enhanced protection for your system, privacy, and data with new updates to system security and PrivateSpace.
Take sweeping 3D panoramas, set 3D dynamic lock screen wallpapers, and discover new possibilities with a host of new features and settings.
Use Portrait mode to effortlessly capture glossy, celebrity-worthy portrait shots with stylish bokeh effects.
New ways of interacting
● A new floating Navigation dock lets you perform frequently-used operations from anywhere on the screen.
● Newly added home screen shortcuts let you quickly access the app features you use most frequently. Simply touch and hold an app icon to display a shortcut menu.
● A new split-screen key on a Facebook instant message banner lets you enter split-screen mode with a single touch without leaving a video in full-screen viewing.
● Improved false touch protection functionality reduces unintended operations on the touch screen in a wider range of scenarios.
● Enjoy exclusive preloaded themes and ringtones.
● Text on the lock screen and notification panel now automatically changes color according to the background color, creating a more immersive visual effect.
● Smart tips recommend you faster and smarter ways to operate your phone, appearing in specific usage scenarios and responding to your usage habits.
● New smart notifications learn how you use your phone and classify your notifications accordingly, so you always see your most important notifications first.
● The PrivateSpace menu has been optimized, making it easier to create a PrivateSpace on your device. Files can now be moved between the MainSpace and PrivateSpace with ease.
● Contacts and Email now let you sync the career details of your LinkedIn contacts.
● Settings has been redesigned for clearer and more intuitive organization.
● Gallery now features a recycle bin that retains deleted photos for up to 30 days. Accidentally deleted photos can be restored with a single touch.
● Phone Manager has been simplified to make managing your device easier. Standard cleanups are faster and deep cleanups more thorough.
● Your device can now connect to two different Bluetooth devices at the same time, such as a band and a car.
1. Owing to the redesign of Settings, the locations of certification logos and legal information have been altered. To view certification logos, go to Settings > System > Certification logos. To view legal information, go to Settings > System > About phone > Legal.
2. To enhance your user experience, certain content such as phone number location information, business card templates, yellow pages data, and the smart notifications identification database will be automatically updated over Wi-Fi by default. To disable automatic updating, please go to the settings pages of the relevant features.
1. This update will not erase your personal data, but we recommend that you back up any important data before updating.
2. The update file is approximately XX MB. Download over Wi-Fi to avoid unnecessary mobile data charges.
3. Some third-party apps that are not compatible with Android 8.0 may function incorrectly after the update. It is recommended that you update these apps to their latest versions in the Google Play Store.
4. This system version can be rolled back to the official version of EMUI 5.0/5.1 in Phone Manager. Rolling back the system version will erase your personal data. For more information, please contact the customer service hotline.
5. If you encounter any problems during the update, please contact the customer service hotline or visit an authorized Huawei service center for assistance which you can find.
These are the instructions to flash Stock firmware on Huawei Mate 9 (MHAL09) using the Card update method.
Requirements: Your Huawei Smartphone or tablet should have atleast 20-30 percent of battery to perform the flashing process and a Micro SD Card (must).
Flash Stock firmware on Huawei Smartphone (Card Update)
Step 1: Create a new folder on your Micro SD Card and rename it to dload.
Step 2: Download and extract Huawei Smartphone firmware (for your device) on your Computer. After extracting you will be able to see these files:
Step 3: Now Copy UPDATE.APP and paste it the dload folder on your Micro SD card.
Step 4: Now Power Off your Huawei Smartphone.
Step 5: Now, Press Volume UP, Volume Down and Power Button at the same time for 5-8 seconds until the update process is started automatically.
Step 6: Update Process may takes 5-10 minutes to complete.
Step 7: Once Update Process is completed your device will reboot automatically and ready to use.
Notic: Please keep in mind that, you must flash Huawei Mate 9 (MHAL09) firmware at your own risk and also full responsible with you.