EMUI 8.0 not only brings you the latest version of Android (8.0), its also boosted with a lot of great features and improvements to make your device more intuitive, faster and safer. We highly recommend updating now.
Recommended level: ★★★★★
A new floating Navigation dock lets you perform frequently-used operations from anywhere on the screen. Newly added home screen shortcuts let you quickly access the app features you use most frequently. Simply touch and hold an app icon to display a shortcut menu.
AI-based optimizations deliver greater stability, fluidity, and speed. The system boots faster, videos are more fluid, and images thumbnails load rapidly even in huge volumes.
Enjoy enhanced protection for your system, privacy, and data with new updates to system security and PrivateSpace.
Take sweeping 3D panoramas, set 3D dynamic lock screen wallpapers, and discover new possibilities with a host of new features and settings.
Use Portrait mode to effortlessly capture glossy, celebrity-worthy portrait shots with stylish bokeh effects.
● Improved false touch protection functionality reduces unintended operations on the touch screen in a wider range of scenarios.
● Smart tips recommend you faster and smarter ways to operate your phone, appearing in specific usage scenarios and responding to your usage habits.
● The PrivateSpace menu has been optimized, making it easier to create a PrivateSpace on your device. Files can now be moved between the MainSpace and PrivateSpace with ease.
● Contacts and Email now let you sync the career details of your LinkedIn contacts.
● Settings has been redesigned for clearer and more intuitive organization.
● Gallery now features a recycle bin that retains deleted photos for up to 30 days. Accidentally deleted photos can be restored with a single touch.
● Phone Manager has been simplified to make managing your device easier. Standard cleanups are faster and deep cleanups more thorough.
● Your device can now connect to two different Bluetooth devices at the same time, such as a band and a car.
1. Automatic time zone uses location information to set a time zone when Location information is enabled.
2. Due to the redesign of Settings, the location of certification logos, legal information, and regulatory information (if applicable) has been altered.
3. To improve your experience, Smart notifications will be updated when you are connected to Wi-Fi. You can disable auto-updates in Settings.
1. This update will not erase your personal data, but we recommend that you back up any important data before updating.
2. Some third-party apps that are not compatible with Android 8.0 may function incorrectly after the update. It is recommended that you update these apps to their latest versions in the Google Play Store.
3. This system version can be rolled back to the official version of EMUI 5.0 in Phone Manager. Rolling back the system version will erase your personal data. For more information, please contact the customer service hotline.
4. If you encounter any problems during the update, please contact the customer service hotline or visit an authorized Huawei service center for assistance which you can find.
5. Your home screen layout may be rearranged slightly.
These are the instructions to flash Stock firmware on Huawei Mate 9 (MHAL29) using the Card update method.
Requirements: Your Huawei Smartphone or tablet should have atleast 20-30 percent of battery to perform the flashing process and a Micro SD Card (must).
Flash Stock firmware on Huawei Smartphone (Card Update)
Step 1: Create a new folder on your Micro SD Card and rename it to dload.
Step 2: Download and extract Huawei Smartphone firmware (for your device) on your Computer. After extracting you will be able to see these files:
Step 3: Now Copy UPDATE.APP and paste it the dload folder on your Micro SD card.
Step 4: Now Power Off your Huawei Smartphone.
Step 5: Now, Press Volume UP, Volume Down and Power Button at the same time for 5-8 seconds until the update process is started automatically.
Step 6: Update Process may takes 5-10 minutes to complete.
Step 7: Once Update Process is completed your device will reboot automatically and ready to use.
Notic: Please keep in mind that, you must flash Huawei Mate 9 (MHAL29) firmware at your own risk and also full responsible with you.