Huawei designed EMUI 5.0 based on the newly released Android 7.0. The brand new EMUI 5.0 is inspired by the pure blues and whites of the Aegean Sea. The interface is simple and smart, and EMUI 5.0 comes with enhanced, powerful performance that allows mobile phones to operate more smoothly.
• A cleaner, more interactive interface
A brand new UI and effects inspired by the blues and whites of the Aegean Sea. Simplified gestures, with most operations completed in 3 steps. EMUI 5.0 is more customizable, offering an optional Android App Drawer layout to users.
• Enhanced features
System operations are more fluid, allowing you to view a massive amount of images, browse websites, and perform searches faster.
[Find out more]
An optimized design combines shortcuts with notifications to reduce the complexity of user actions. Touch and hold notifications to quickly block messages and notifications. Reminder cards are stacked to save space.
• Three dimensional task management
Tasks are stacked three dimensionally on the UI. Smooth gestures allow users to scroll through tasks by sliding up and down or dismiss tasks by swiping left or right.
Camera now supports plug-in management. Infrequently used modes, like document scan, are presented as plug-ins.
Customization and sharing features added to name cards. The sharing feature allows quick sharing of contacts through Bluetooth and other methods. Added a scanner to the search box and lock screen, making it easier to add new contacts.
Improved how unread emails are tagged in the inbox. Users can now quickly delete and mark emails as read or unread from the left sliding menu.
Added a newly designed drawer feature. When this feature is enabled, it hides non-system preset apps in a drawer on the home screen, presenting you with a simple and tidy layout.
Added a new drawer feature for settings. For settings that take two or more steps to set up, the user can now jump directly back to the main settings page with one gesture.
Emergency information added. Users can add their names, blood type, and other information, so emergency services personnel can view this information from the lock screen.
Added eye comfort mode, enabling you to adjust the screen color temperature manually to lessen visual fatigue.
1. EMUI 5.0 includes substantial changes to functionality, which may impact your usage habits. For more details, go to HiCare and check out our user guide.
2. This update will not erase your personal data, but we recommend that you back up any important data before updating.
3. For a better update experience, please ensure that you have 4.5 GB or more space available before updating.
4. The system will restart after the update. This will take about 10 minutes. Following the update, your home screen will automatically display the EMUI 5.0 theme.
5. If some third-party apps are incompatible with Android 7.0, update them to their latest versions on Google Play.
6. If you are not satisfied with the new update, you can roll back to EMUI 4.1. Your personal data will be erased during the rollback. For details, please call our official helpline.
7. If you encounter any issues while using EMUI 5.0, please document the issue and call our official helpline. Visit Huaweis consumer website for hotline information.
These are the instructions to flash Stock firmware on Huawei P9 lite (VNSL31) using the Card update method.
Requirements: Your Huawei Smartphone or tablet should have atleast 20-30 percent of battery to perform the flashing process and a Micro SD Card (must).
Flash Stock firmware on Huawei Smartphone (Card Update)
Step 1: Create a new folder on your Micro SD Card and rename it to dload.
Step 2: Download and extract Huawei Smartphone firmware (for your device) on your Computer. After extracting you will be able to see these files:
Step 3: Now Copy UPDATE.APP and paste it the dload folder on your Micro SD card.
Step 4: Now Power Off your Huawei Smartphone.
Step 5: Now, Press Volume UP, Volume Down and Power Button at the same time for 5-8 seconds until the update process is started automatically.
Step 6: Update Process may takes 5-10 minutes to complete.
Step 7: Once Update Process is completed your device will reboot automatically and ready to use.
Notic: Please keep in mind that, you must flash Huawei P9 lite (VNSL31) firmware at your own risk and also full responsible with you.